Interactive Solitary Bee Hive
The original design Solitary Bee Hive made even better with an opening lid to see inside!
The bee nester is constructed in durable sustaibably certified timber with additional stacking trays which can be opened for inspection and cleaning. Always a friend to the gardener, attracting solitary bees to the garden is not only safe, but beneficial to the pollination of flowers, fruit and vegetables.
The hole sizes of this habitat are precisely specified to attract non-swarming bees like the Red Mason Bee, Leafcutter Bee and other solitary bees. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood and the Wildlife World solitary beehive provides a habitat that has become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, the beehive trays can be carefully separated to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid, or indeed where predators have been active.
- NEW FEATURE the roof section flips up to reveal a perspex covered tray, allowing frequent easy monitoring of bee nesting activity and larvae development.
- Site in a sunny position facing between south to south east to catch some morning sun.
- Mounting height between ground level and 1.5m.
- No chemical treatments needed as the habitat is made from durable sustainably certified timber
- Stacking trays may be inspected after bee activity has ceased (Autumn/Winter)
- Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predation by woodpeckers
Weight 1.7kg, Dimensions 17cm x 16cm x 18cm
To help the conservation of these species please support the International Bee Research Association – IBRA WEBSITE