Hogilo Hedgehog Home
The stylish Hogilo has been designed to offer hedgehogs a safe and long lasting refuge. The choice of the Hedgehog Preservation Society for rehabilitating hogs and for re-releases.
The swivel lid provides easy access to inside the Hogilo so for cleaning, feeding or tending recovering hedgehogs. An overhanging roof and porch gives protection against the rain and the raised battened feet prevents rot.
The narrow entrance tunnel is just smaller than 5 inch square, once inside the porch there is a further maze style entry door before the inner sanctuary is reached.
The hogilo is made from recycled agricultural plastic on a plywood skeleton. The screwed construction techniques gives strength and longevity ensuring the habitat can withstand crushing or strimming.
- The house may be cleaned if unoccupied after winter use. (Late-March to Early April)
- To treat the house for fleas use only organic Pyrethrum powers suitable for birds. Dog and cat treatments are too strong and may kill a hedgehog
Locate the hogilo within cover out of the prevailing wind. Pile leaves or foliage around the house to further camouflage it. Place cut short lengths of dry grass or leaves inside as nesting material.
They can also be used as a safe place to feed hedgehogs.
Dimensions: H 500mm x W 390mm x L 230mm
- Manufactured from durable FSC timber and recycled plastic
- Wooden interior for 'breathability' and condensation prevention
- Lid and sides made from recycled agricultural waste
- Lid easily swivels over to expose large inspection and cleaning hatch