The Official 1B Nestbox
- Green 26mm
- Red 26mm
- Green 32mm Out of Stock
In production for almost 50 years, the Schwegler 1B is the top choice of conservation professionals. With over 8 million sold, it is the world’s most popular and respected nestbox.
Virtually indestructible, and with a 25 year guarantee, it effortlessly shrugs off the worst winter winds and sweltering summer heat, offering decades of shelter and security for roosting birds, parent birds and nestlings alike. Just put it up and then forget about it. You’ll be rewarded with unmatched occupancy rates and return visits – year in, year out.
Entrance hole sizes:
* 32mm entrance hole will attract Great, Blue, Marsh, Coal and Crested Tit, Redstart, Nuthatch, Collared and Pied Flycatcher, Wryneck, Tree and House Sparrow and bats.
* 26mm entrance hole suits Blue, Marsh, Coal and Crested Tit and possibly Wren. All other species are prevented from using the nest box due to the smaller entrance hole.
- Low maintenance - just fit and forget
- Highest occupancy rates
- Ideal for most small hole nesting birds
- Easy-open mechanism for inspection and cleaning
- Easy to hang from wall or tree - supplied complete with aluminium nail for safe tree fixing
- Backed by 25 year guarantee (in addition to your statutory rights)